noun (plural same)
- A seed-eating ground-dwelling bird with brownish plumage, allied to the pigeons and found in the deserts and arid regions of the Old World.
More example sentences
- Family Pteroclididae, genera Pterocles and Syrrhaptes: several species
- It has been suggested that columbids are closely related to gamebirds, buttonquails, parrots, shorebirds and sandgrouse (sandgrouse are sometimes included in the order Columbiformes).
- In addition, there are other male-incubating species such as buttonquail, mesites, sandgrouse, and shorebirds that have neither helpers nor communal cooperation.
- Reviews the 250 species of pheasants, partridges, grouse, quails, turkeys, guineafowls, buttonquails, sandgrouse, and plains-wanderers of the world.
More definitions of sandgrouseDefinition of sandgrouse in:
- The US English dictionary