- A chiefly migratory North American crane with greyish plumage and a red crown.
More example sentences
- Grus canadensis, family Gruidae
- Two species are native to North America, the whooping crane and the sandhill crane (G. canadensis).
- With the Mississippi sandhill crane breeding facility in operation for seven years, the Audubon facility has proven that dwindling crane populations can be boosted through a combination of artificial insemination and hand-rearing.
- The ‘Marshland Elegy’ chapter of Sand County ends with an epitaph to the sandhill crane.
More definitions of sandhill craneDefinition of sandhill crane in:
- The US English dictionary