- 1A piece of unoccupied land used by children for games.More example sentences
- He came straight off the sandlots of Baltimore to become one of the game's great right fielders.
- So he learned more about sports on sandlots than in the gym.
- He was 17 when the Expos acquired the high school dropout off the Dominican sandlots in March 1993.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Denoting or relating to sport played by amateurs: sandlot baseballMore example sentences
- As the son of a semipro athlete who played sandlot baseball and football into his early 40's, he came by that blocky, unbreakable body by way of genetic inheritance.
- He grew up playing soccer and sandlot baseball after spending mornings baking bread in his grandfather's bakery.
- He was pitching for Mike's Diner in Class B sandlot baseball when he was signed by a Boston Red Sox scout, receiving a $500 bonus.
More definitions of sandlotDefinition of sandlot in:
- The US English dictionary