- Paper with sand or another abrasive stuck to it, used for smoothing or polishing woodwork or other surfaces.More example sentences
- Use steel wool or a fine grade of sandpaper to smooth out the affected area and an inch or two of the surrounding floor.
- Using 220-grit sandpaper, lightly sand all the surfaces of the door and frames.
- If the surface is slick, such as ceramic tile, sand it with coarse sandpaper.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Smooth with sandpaper.More example sentences
- I knew I wasn't going to fix it up by sandpapering it or refining it anymore.
- The entire plane was sandpapered and waxed in an effort to get a maximum of speed.
- The pine is a tender wood able to be cut and sandpapered very easily.
- More example sentences
- Covered in sandpapery skin smeared with copious amounts of mucus, the Mola mola, or giant ocean sunfish, grows up to 10 feet long and can weigh over 5,000 pounds.
- Root-hardy almond verbena has sandpapery foliage and produces fingerlike clusters of small white almond-scented flowers that attract butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Fortunately, a group called Act Right Initiative Campaign has been formed to change the attitude of students for the better and lessen the sandpapery relationship between students and authorities.
More definitions of sandpaperDefinition of sandpaper in:
- The US English dictionary