- A strong wind carrying clouds of sand with it, especially in a desert.More example sentences
- A severe sandstorm driven by strong northerly winds made conditions for the British soldiers in Kuwait truly appalling on the eve of battle.
- Strong winds blow a sandstorm through the camp when suddenly the sound of large artillery rounds is heard about 300 meters away.
- The heavy sandstorm and strong winds that engulfed Baghdad on Tuesday ebbed a little in the early morning but resumed by noon, blowing as hard as they had a day earlier.
More definitions of sandstormDefinition of sandstorm in:
- The US English dictionary