- A generation of people, typically in their thirties or forties, responsible both for bringing up their own children and for the care of their ageing parents.More example sentences
- Lucky to have had an upbringing that was more liberal and which has made them more narcissistic and self-focussed, they did not have to chafe against rigid parental control, unlike their parents, the sandwich generation.
- Because the problem isn't going way: the sandwich generation is having a hard time taking care of both their children and their elderly parents.
- Some sandwich generation members are responsible for three or four sets of elderly relatives
More definitions of sandwich generationDefinition of sandwich generation in:
- The US English dictionary