- A cold drink of wine mixed with water and spices: [count noun]: he was addicted to sangareesMore example sentences
- Portrait of Seale-Yearwood Esq shows a Barbados planter seated in front of a shadowy, brown-skinned man serving him sangaree.
- Though the British enjoyed sipping their rich Madeira after dinner, the fortified wine was transformed into a thirst quencher when mixed with cold water, sugar, nutmeg, and other exotic spices, known as a sangaree.
- The Sangaree dates back to colonial times and was a favorite of tavern-goers, along with grogs, flips, punches and mulled wines.
from Spanish sangría (see sangria).
More definitions of sangareeDefinition of sangaree in:
- The US English dictionary