A plant of the parsley family which has burr-like fruit.
- Genus Sanicula, family Umbelliferae: several species, in particular the Eurasian wood sanicle (S. europaea)
More example sentences
- The steeper slopes and cliffs of Augill support a mixed woodland of ash, birch and rowan with an interesting ground flora including species such as bluebell, sanicle and wood avens.
- Although she applied a fresh astringent of sanicle when she changed my bandages, the carrion trapped in the dewclaw infected the wound and it healed badly.
- Sanicle is used as a gargle in sore throat, quinsy, and whenever an astringent gargle is required.
late Middle English: via Old French from medieval Latin sanicula, perhaps from Latin sanus 'healthy'.
Definition of sanicle in:
- The US English dictionary