- A style of type without serifs.More example sentences
- Serif and sans-serif have no meaning to them, let alone when it's best to use one over the other.
- ‘Powered by Mallard Fuel Cells’ was written on the sides in white sans-serif.’
adjectiveBack to top
- Without serifs.More example sentences
- However, most content on sites can be sorted into the family areas of serif, or sans-serif, with either having a decent fit into the scheme of the design.
- Each element included the phrase ‘en route’ applied in a highly legible uppercase black sans-serif font, not more than a foot high, bracketed above and below with two bright-blue horizontal bars.
- A nice sans-serif typeface would be ideal but is not sufficient to function as a stand-alone identity.
mid 19th century: apparently from French sans 'without' + serif.
More definitions of sans serifDefinition of sans serif in:
- The US English dictionary