- A plant of the genus Sansevieria in the agave family, especially (in gardening) mother-in-law’s tongue.More example sentences
- Species with leathery leaves such as agaves, aloes, echeverias and sanseverias are the obvious choice because they can tolerate extremes of heat, cold and drought.
- If the bathroom is cold for most of the day, choose sansevierias (mother-in-law's tongue) - which will also survive in a poorly lit bathroom - or Nepenthes alata, a carnivorous plant with unusual hanging red traps.
- These include cactus, succulents, sansevieria, also known as bowstring hemp, and yucca, none of which is suitable for bathrooms.
modern Latin, named after Raimondo di Sangro (1710–71), Prince of Sanseviero (now Sansevero), Italy.
More definitions of sansevieriaDefinition of sansevieria in:
- The US English dictionary