- An Indian musical instrument like a dulcimer, played by striking with a pair of small, spoon-shaped wooden hammers.More example sentences
- I am familiar with the tabla, sitar, santoor and the Indian flute.
- He also plays the sitar, the santoor and guitar.
- With special emphasis being laid on giving equal importance to all instruments, the festival will showcase the various forms of classical Indian instruments like flute, sitar, sarod and santoor.
from Arabic sanṭīr, alteration of Greek psaltērion 'psaltery'.
More definitions of santoorDefinition of santoor in:
- The US English dictionary