noun (plural sarangis)
- An Indian bowed musical instrument about two feet high, with three or four main strings and up to thirty-five sympathetic strings.More example sentences
- He coaxes timbres out of them that sound similar to Indian instruments such as the sitar, sarod, sarangi and veena.
- One is by pulling the string, as in the sitar, and the other is by gliding the fingers as in the sarangi or sarod.
- This album lacks for not a single beat and the sounds of tabla, sarangi and synth are heightened to the max.
from Hindi sāraṅgī.
More definitions of sarangiDefinition of sarangi in:
- The US English dictionary