- Marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt: making sarcastic comments I think they’re being sarcasticMore example sentences
- How are you supposed to follow the story when you're constantly making sarcastic comments about the hammy acting?
- His sarcastic comment brought her out of her reverie like a bucket of cold water.
- I tried to think of a nasty sarcastic comment to make him leave me alone, but none came to mind.
- More example sentences
- You've got to hand it to the man often referred to, both lovingly and sarcastically, as Quinninho.
- Many songs would use the line seriously but here it is used sarcastically.
- The title of the movie is either sarcastically literal or completely ironic.
late 17th century: from French sarcastique, from sarcasme (see sarcasm), on the pattern of pairs such as enthousiasme, enthousiastique.