noun (plural saris or sarees)
- A garment consisting of a length of cotton or silk elaborately draped around the body, traditionally worn by women from South Asia.More example sentences
- Ladies were dressed in saris and shalwar kameez of vibrant shades making the streets of Wootton Bassett awash with colour.
- There was a lot of music and dancing and many people wore traditional Indian clothing, including women's lenghas and sarees and Kurta pyjamas for the men.
- Out of the gift box came spanking new saris, shirts, trousers, lungis and nighties and the happiness of the inmates knew no bounds.
late 18th century: from Hindi sāṛī.
More definitions of sariDefinition of sari in:
- The US English dictionary