- A lute used in classical North Indian music, with four main strings.More example sentences
- He coaxes timbres out of them that sound similar to Indian instruments such as the sitar, sarod, sarangi and veena.
- Sympathetic strings are a characteristic feature of such instruments as the Hardanger fiddle, srag, sarod, sitar, viola d' amore, and sometimes the trumpet marine.
- With special emphasis being laid on giving equal importance to all instruments, the festival will showcase the various forms of classical Indian instruments like flute, sitar, sarod and santoor.
Urdu, from Persian surod 'song, melody'.
More definitions of sarodDefinition of sarod in:
- The US English dictionary