- A cotton fabric woven like satin with a glossy surface: [as modifier]: sateen trousersMore example sentences
- Printed fabrics gave way to plain fabrics, and a lightweight furnishing cotton sateen became the fabric of choice for whole-cloth quilts.
- If you like the feel of satin or silk, but don't like sliding off the bed, choose a 100% cotton sateen weave.
- Made of 300-thread-count cotton Jacquard and sateen, they come in an array of florals so gosh-darn pretty you're likely to sleep with your eyes open.
late 19th century: alteration of satin, on the pattern of velveteen.
More definitions of sateenDefinition of sateen in:
- The US English dictionary