noun[mass noun] Buddhism
- Sudden enlightenment: the road that leads to satoriMore example sentences
- The character is, no doubt, experiencing some form of satori.
- It's the usual grab bag of danger that one accepts in exchange for high-alpine solitude, and maybe even satori.
- Too often, academic writing seems like a kind of anti-Zen, geared not to promoting any flash of insight-giving satori.
Japanese, literally 'awakening'.
More definitions of satoriDefinition of satori in:
- The US English dictionary