noun (plural satrapies)
- A province governed by a satrap.More example sentences
- The capital was Ajmer and Delhi was a provincial satrapy.
- The state and its provincial pygmy satrapies are intruding into every area of life.
- The show presents its monumental architecture, its military might, the way it controlled and administered its dominions through provincial satrapies and the network of roads that traversed its vast distances.
More definitions of satrapyDefinition of satrapy in:
- The US English dictionary