Definition of saucepan in English:
A deep cooking pan, typically round, made of metal, and with one long handle and a lid.
- Remove plastic and wooden handles from frying pans and saucepans.
- Pots, saucepans, and other cooking implements were mostly cast from bronze.
- Strain the cooking juices into a saucepan and boil to reduce by half.
- saucepanful noun (plural saucepanfuls)
- Example sentences
- I can't end without mentioning the yoghurt - a wonderful fresh saucepanful, made every morning, to which we helped ourselves and then topped perhaps with wild strawberry jam or another variety of honey.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.