A slender North American pikeperch with silver eyes, which is active at twilight and at night.
- Stizostedion canadense, family Percidae
More example sentences
- Predatory fish in the ecozone include the lake sturgeon, brook trout, lake trout, northern pike, muskellunge, largemouth bass, sauger, and walleye.
- Gamefish comprise the musky, northern pike, sauger, largemouth bass, and smallmouth bass.
- Fishing is pretty much limited to goldeye, sauger, and catfish, and in a state full of blue-ribbon trout streams, who cares for that?
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of saugerDefinition of sauger in:
- The US English dictionary