- A tropical African tree with red bell-shaped flowers and large pendulous sausage-shaped fruits.
More example sentences
- Kigelia pinnata, family Bignoniaceae
- How clever we thought we were, as we avoided setting up under a sausage tree: if a fruit from that drops off and hits you on the head, the result can be terminal.
- It was dotted with extraordinary trees like the baobab with its thick knotty trunk and root-like branches and the sausage tree which bears fruit that look exactly like huge hanging bratwursts.
- Guests are accommodated in very comfortable and substantial riverside lodges, built on stilts, and each named for the nearest tree - acacia, leadwood, sausage tree, and so on.