- 1A person who regularly saves money through a bank or recognized scheme: a cut in base rate usually means less income for saversMore example sentences
- Frustrated with low returns, savers are taking money out of state banks and lending it themselves
- The government's scheme gives a free 25 per cent top-up to savers who leave their money in an account for five years.
- I used a regular-saving account that pays the highest rates of interest to savers who save twelve consecutive monthly payments.
- 3A travel fare offering reductions on the standard price: a new saver from London to EdinburghMore example sentences
- Ever since privatisation, the government has regulated certain railway fares - season tickets, cheap day returns and savers - limiting the increases allowed.
More definitions of saverDefinition of saver in:
- The US English dictionary