Definition of saviour in English:
1A person who saves someone or something from danger or difficulty: politicians of the era usually portray themselves as the nation’s saviours
More example sentences
- Positioned as the saviors of the nation, foreigners slide all too easily into becoming its scapegoats.
- So he let the crisis spin out in order to present himself, as in 1940, the saviour of the nation.
- After all if what I was hearing from my fellow St Lucian was true then a savior or saviors were needed to effect a rescue.
1.1 (the/our Saviour) (In Christianity) God or Jesus Christ as the redeemer of sin and saver of souls.
- At Christmas we Christians celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, whom Herod tried to kill as an infant.
- At that moment, I broke down and realized Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind.
- When the pastor asked if anyone would like to come forward and receive Christ as their Savior or just to rededicate their lives to Him, Adam went forward.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.