noun (plural same)• informal
- A doctor or surgeon.More example sentences
- Osler - a sawbones so famous that somebody wrote a 1,400-page biography of the guy - was the first to describe the condition.
- The mobile sawbones are looking for volunteers to sign on for nine to 12 months helping the sick in such unpredictable places as Afghanistan.
- In a few short weeks, they've collected 500 signatures on a petition to name the park after Salvadore Allende, a Marxist sawbones elected president of Chile in 1970.
More definitions of sawbonesDefinition of sawbones in:
- The US English dictionary