- 1A person who saws timber for a living.More example sentences
- Opponents believe it's all a spin to provide more even-aged timber for the sawyers.
- He eventually secured a job as a sawyer with an Edinburgh timber merchant, which gave him the means to support a wife and three small children.
- Not only were numerous loggers, sawyers, and other timber industry employees injured (with a few being killed), but tens of thousands were put out of jobs.
- 3A large longhorn beetle whose larvae bore tunnels in the wood of injured or recently felled trees, producing an audible chewing sound.
More example sentences
- Genus Monochamus, family Cerambycidae
- The pine sawyers are wood borers and emerge throughout the summer months as adults carrying the nematode from infested or non-infested pine trees.
- The pinewood nematode is transmitted from pine to pine by an insect vector, the pine sawyer.
More definitions of sawyerDefinition of sawyer in:
- The US English dictionary