- A scalar function of two vectors, equal to the product of their magnitudes and the cosine of the angle between them. Also called dot product. Compare with vector product.
More example sentences
- Written as a.b or ab
- The first scalar product could have told us that one of the digits was 6 too small but then no sensible answer would have been obtainable from the second scalar product.
- The scalar product also appears in Grassmann's 1844 work.
- To judge this number, note that the scalar product between uncorrelated motions follows a Gaussian distribution of 0.015 half-width.
More definitions of scalar productDefinition of scalar product in:
- The US English dictionary