- 1Very hot; burning: she took a sip of scalding tea [as submodifier]: the water was scalding hotMore example sentences
- Fortunately, Fay saves me from answering by handing me a scalding hot mug, filled with suspiciously dark looking tea.
- On the day Waterford never came out of the traps and never produced a resemblance of the form that had seen them make it to this juncture, on a scalding hot day in Limerick in front of a great Waterford crowd.
- He is also accused of indecently assaulting a second man while he and a female colleague bathed him and holding the hand of another disabled patient under a scalding hot tap to prove to his colleague it would make him run away.
- 1.1Intense and painful or distressing: a scalding tirade of abuseMore example sentences
- A scalding pain lanced through her body like a fiery, hot poker.