- The chemical element of atomic number 21, a soft silvery-white metal generally included among the rare earth elements. (Symbol: Sc)More example sentences
- Examples of transition metals include vanadium, chromium, iron, cobalt, manganese, nickel, scandium, yttrium, zirconium, silver, and gold.
- In terms of materials, shooters can choose from carbon steel, stainless, aluminum, titanium and now scandium.
- Gun construction has evolved from wood and steel to high-tech polymers and lightweight alloys like titanium and scandium.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Scandia, contraction of Scandinavia (where minerals are found containing this element).
More definitions of scandiumDefinition of scandium in:
- The US English dictionary