Definition of scarifier in English:
1A tool with spikes or prongs used for breaking up matted vegetation in the surface of a lawn.
- Yesterday he tried to kill me by telling me it was fine to use the lawn scarifier without a power breaker in the circuit.
- It's hard work so hire a petrol-driven scarifier for large areas.
- They built a scarifier - a device that will disk, turn, or till the soil to prepare it for receiving seeds - to pull behind their pole skidder after harvesting a birch plot.
1.1A machine with spikes used for breaking up the surface of a road.
- The Maintainer, 14 ft. long and 7 ft., 5 in. wide, offers five hydraulic attachments: scarifier, side dozer, bulldozer, front-end loader, and berm leveler.
- So available attachments include snowplows, dozer blades, rippers, scarifiers, and windrow eliminators.
- Its Lombardini engine gives 47 hp, its cab is fully enclosed, its scarifier is center-mounted, and it offers two-speed hydrostatic drive and tandem drive.
1.2chiefly Australian A machine with spikes or prongs used for loosening soil.
- It's clever, biting and funny and it rakes over the Mallee like a fifty-foot scarifier turns the soil of a wheat field.
- During 1878 one local factory employed thirty-five people and produced hundreds of ploughs and numerous harrows, reapers and scarifiers for the farmers.
Words that rhyme with scarifierclarifier
Definition of scarifier in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan