- 1A tool with spikes or prongs used for breaking up matted vegetation in the surface of a lawn.More example sentences
- Yesterday he tried to kill me by telling me it was fine to use the lawn scarifier without a power breaker in the circuit.
- It's hard work so hire a petrol-driven scarifier for large areas.
- They built a scarifier - a device that will disk, turn, or till the soil to prepare it for receiving seeds - to pull behind their pole skidder after harvesting a birch plot.
- 1.1A machine with spikes used for breaking up the surface of a road.More example sentences
- The Maintainer, 14 ft. long and 7 ft., 5 in. wide, offers five hydraulic attachments: scarifier, side dozer, bulldozer, front-end loader, and berm leveler.
- So available attachments include snowplows, dozer blades, rippers, scarifiers, and windrow eliminators.
- Its Lombardini engine gives 47 hp, its cab is fully enclosed, its scarifier is center-mounted, and it offers two-speed hydrostatic drive and tandem drive.
- 1.2chiefly Australian A machine with spikes or prongs used for loosening soil.More example sentences
- It's clever, biting and funny and it rakes over the Mallee like a fifty-foot scarifier turns the soil of a wheat field.
- During 1878 one local factory employed thirty-five people and produced hundreds of ploughs and numerous harrows, reapers and scarifiers for the farmers.
More definitions of scarifierDefinition of scarifier in:
- The US English dictionary