- A small European plant with scarlet flowers that close in rainy or cloudy weather. Also called poor man's weather glass.
More example sentences
- Anagallis arvensis subsp. arvensis, family Primulaceae
- The demand for the olive branch, the poppy, the scarlet pimpernel, and seaweed was high and she reproduced these personally meaningful designs over and over again.
- Flowers, such as cornflowers, scarlet pimpernel and shepherd's needle, used to be a common sight in the county's cornfields 50 years ago, but today many are rare, or even extinct.
More definitions of Scarlet PimpernelDefinition of scarlet pimpernel in:
- The US English dictionary