Definition of scattergun in English:
another term for scattershot.
- If we must have retail developments, let's concentrate on the city centre instead of perpetuating the Council's scattergun approach to planning.
- She brings soul to anything her lazy-sounding voice touches and a vision of the world which is wrought in impressionistic, scattergun lyrics gilded with humour.
- ‘If Wallace and Jack McConnell are not careful, this scattergun approach will land Scotland in hot water,’ he said.
nounNorth American Back to top
- Unlike the vast majority of semiauto scatterguns, the Benelli is not a gas gun.
- This is the first large-scale procurement of anything other than slide-action scatterguns since the U.S. military was pulled out of Vietnam more than 25 years ago.
- For decades, short double-barrel scatterguns have been a premier home-defense recommendation by such authorities as Jeff Cooper.
Definition of scattergun in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.