- 1A scene in an opera: a little scena complete with introductory tuneMore example sentences
- Every aria she sang was a highlight, not least the formidable Act 1 scena which can hold up its musical head in the exalted territory of Come scoglio.
- 1.1An elaborate dramatic solo usually including recitative.More example sentences
- Respighi's setting is of a piece, an impressive feat - that is, he doesn't resort to cutting it up as a kind of dramatic scena or recitative.
- The program was well chosen in the first half, which began with an operatic scena from the 26-year-old Ludwig van Beethoven.
- Berlioz called it a ‘Sacred Trilogy’, and the work is in a style between that of opera and the type of orchestral-vocal scena Berlioz experimented with in works such as Cleopatra.
Italian, from Latin, 'scene'.
More definitions of scenaDefinition of scena in:
- The US English dictionary