1The design and painting of theatrical scenery.
- This exhibition of some seventy works looks at the full range of artistic Bardolatry, and also examines theatrical production and scenography.
- Every scene in a David Cronenberg film - particularly his set pieces - has a shape, and is meticulously based around a quite theatrical scenography.
- The exhibition will also showcase the work of other designers highlighting the modern trends in international scenography for the theatre.
1.1(In painting and drawing) the representation of objects in perspective.
- Within what is essentially an office building, Schultes has created sculptural scenography out of interstitial space.
- Another specialist in ephemera of this kind and scenography was Baccio del Bianco, whose extraordinary caricatures are an early form of the cartoon strip.
- Example sentences
- Since he has chosen, for his scenographic debut, to take a stab at Francesca Zambello's worst production, no one will criticize him, except perhaps for having been too timid.
- Keiley most often does it with elaborate choreography and striking acoustic and scenographic effects.
- Perhaps Peale had in mind the scenographic views of American landscapes and urban buildings that circulated as single prints and journal illustrations.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: scen|og¦raphy
Definition of scenography in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.