Definition of schematize in English:
Arrange or represent in a schematic form: the eye schematizes objects in coded groupings (as adjective schematized) schematized data
More example sentences
- Both light and sound waves can be schematized this way, and so too the complex visual and aural patterns created by their interference.
- He has carefully marshalled his themes - past and present, art and life, sickness and health, risk and safety, posh and common, 1960s ideals and contemporary compromises - but they remain schematised binary opposites.
- This section has necessarily schematised a more complex critique.
- Example sentences
- The authors of these texts ‘carry out selections, generalizations, and historical schematizations, at the same time as they make value judgments on the object studied’.
- Sometimes ad hoc schematizations work best, to avoid showing unnecessary detail.
- The facts relevant to determining whether the ‘may’ becomes a ‘should’ are always local and thus in principle not susceptible to formal schematization.
Definition of schematize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.