Definition of schematize in English:
Arrange or represent in a schematic form: the eye schematizes objects in coded groupings (as adjective schematized) schematized data
More example sentences
- Both light and sound waves can be schematized this way, and so too the complex visual and aural patterns created by their interference.
- He has carefully marshalled his themes - past and present, art and life, sickness and health, risk and safety, posh and common, 1960s ideals and contemporary compromises - but they remain schematised binary opposites.
- This section has necessarily schematised a more complex critique.
- Example sentences
- The authors of these texts ‘carry out selections, generalizations, and historical schematizations, at the same time as they make value judgments on the object studied’.
- Sometimes ad hoc schematizations work best, to avoid showing unnecessary detail.
- The facts relevant to determining whether the ‘may’ becomes a ‘should’ are always local and thus in principle not susceptible to formal schematization.
Definition of schematize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan