- (Of metamorphic rock) having a laminar structure like that of schist.More example sentences
- Southwards along section towards the Sach Pass, the leucogranites gradually decrease in abundance and the pelitic rocks becomes more schistose.
- With increasing content of white mica the fabric changes from massive to schistose.
- The amphibolite is mostly medium grained, rather schistose and has a characteristic reddish hue on weathered surfaces.
- More example sentences
- Brittle faulting is subparallel to the regional subvertical schistosity, indicating that it was superimposed in a broad region that has earlier experienced ductile-dominated deformation.
- In the northern part of the range, no pervasive brittle deformation features were recognized and only local reactivations of the regional schistosity by right-lateral faulting was documented.
- Further evidence of multiphase folding is given by crenulation or microfolding with hinge zones a centimetre or so apart which crinkle an earlier cleavage or schistosity.
More definitions of schistoseDefinition of schistose in:
- The US English dictionary