- A strong alcoholic drink resembling gin: he had drunk schnapps in Paris [count noun]: relax with a schnapps and a sandwichMore example sentences
- It was a mixture of root beer schnapps, peppermint schnapps, Kahlua, tequila, port wine, egg nog, and a splash of lime juice to make it curdle.
- Favorite alcoholic beverages are beer, brandy, and schnapps.
- It is a fine-flavoured mix of red wine, passion fruit liqueur, orange liqueur, peach schnapps, and fruit juices.
from German Schnaps, literally 'dram of liquor', from Low German and Dutch snaps 'mouthful'.
More definitions of schnappsDefinition of schnapps in:
- The US English dictionary