- A dog of a German breed with a close wiry coat and heavy whiskers round the muzzle.More example sentences
- Today, the German smooth-haired pinscher is considered the stepfather of several German dog breeds, including the miniature pinscher, wire-haired breeds such as the schnauzers and affenpinschers, and the popular Doberman pinscher.
- This is fortunate because a number of breeds - poodles, cocker spaniels, huskies, and schnauzers, to name a few - are prone to eye disease and should be carefully watched.
- By 1944, the Army accepted only five breeds: German shepherds, Belgian sheepdogs, Doberman pinschers, farm collies, and giant schnauzers.
1920s: from German, from Schnauze 'muzzle, snout'.
More definitions of schnauzerDefinition of schnauzer in:
- The US English dictionary