- more formal term for schoolmate.More example sentences
- Although nicknamed ‘Dafty’ by his schoolfellows at Edinburgh Academy, he had a fertile and brilliant mind.
- They're referred to as ‘schoolfellows,’ so it's quite likely they were at Wittenberg (their namesakes appear in the university rosters in the 1500s), but they could have been pre-university schoolfellows.
- Dobbin is horribly bullied by his schoolfellows at Dr Swishtail's when it is discovered (after young Osborne ‘sneaks’ on him) that his father is a grocer.
More definitions of schoolfellowDefinition of schoolfellow in:
- The US English dictionary