A person who teaches in a school.
- Mother told me he was a schoolteacher but not a teacher at my school!
- Opposition MPs and education advocates are calling on the government to allow schoolteachers and professors an exemption from copyright restrictions.
- He finally abandoned academic qualifications and appointed a collection of pharmacists, country doctors, schoolteachers, and governesses.
- Example sentences
- In sharp contrast to the men, a number of the unmarried women graduates who had stayed in schoolteaching confessed to some anxiety about their economic circumstances.
- Following an attack of polio in 1924, she gave up schoolteaching and produced the first full-length book of short stories based on the character she had previously written about for magazines.
- She was a delightful conversationalist who enjoyed telling me something of life and schoolteaching in Brittany under more normal conditions.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: school|teach¦er
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.