- A slow polka.More example sentences
- The Canadian schottische and co were the dances that people did at the Saturday night bible class dances that passed for teenage social life in early 1960s Dunedin.
- First I needed ‘Cotton-Eyed Joe’ and the schottische.
- There must be routs and balls beneath sparkling chandeliers, where young gallants whirl doe-eyed, bare-shouldered girls in the schottische and the carmagnole.
mid 19th century: from German der schottische Tanz 'the Scottish dance'.
More definitions of schottischeDefinition of schottische in:
- The US English dictionary