- On the other hand, industries that rely more on empirical rather than scientific knowledge do less research.
- The object of the life of study is philosophical or scientific understanding.
- In the scientific community, the study of alternatives to animal research has become respectable in some quarters.
- It focuses on the scientific approaches towards finding whether we are the only living creatures in the universe.
- At first glance the literary and scientific approaches to language might seem to be diametrically opposed.
- There is no mention of the need to develop clinical guidelines or a scientific approach to screening.
- Editors should be scientific in their methodology and humanistic in its application.
- Fair rents are established by an individual consideration of a statutory definition that defies scientific precision.
- If you need to be scientific for purposes of the Talmud, so be it.
- Example sentences
- This purported scientificity of the spiritual realm, in turn, paves the way for declaring occult New Age practices like astrology, vastu, and quantum healing and even yagnas as scientific within the Vedic - Hindu universe.
- In fact, they are not alone in defending the scientificity of yogic meditation as a valid scientific method.
- Unfortunately, such breezy approximation rules his writing, bolstered by a polemical gesture (supposedly in tune with the films) against any spurious scientificity, abstract theorising or dry, unfeeling rationalism.
Late 16th century: from French scientifique or late Latin scientificus 'producing knowledge', from scientia (see science). Early use described the liberal arts as opposed to the ‘mechanic’ arts (i.e. arts requiring manual skill).
Words that rhyme with scientificanaglyphic, beatific, calorific, colorific, hieroglyphic, honorific, horrific, Indo-Pacific, pacific, prolific, soporific, specific, terrific, transpacific, triglyphic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sci¦en|tif¦ic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.