- (Of a chemical bond) readily undergoing scission.More example sentences
- Crystal structures help to orientate the scissile bond in the enzyme complex structure.
- Cross-linking studies of IN with DNA revealed that residues in this region could be cross-linked to DNA close to the reactive phosphate (i.e., the scissile bond), placing the loop near the substrate during the reaction.
- Such differences among PC and other VKD proteins in charge distributions around the scissile bond may require different conditions for the initial approach of the zymogen to its enzyme for its activation.
early 17th century: from Latin scissilis, from sciss- 'cut, divided', from the verb scindere.
More definitions of scissileDefinition of scissile in:
- The US English dictionary