Definition of sclerotic in English:
1 Medicine Of or having sclerosis.
- A striking topographic relationship of focal inflammation and sclerotic atrophy was seen in areas with erosion of the epithelium.
- Histologically, the tumor may display solid, papillary, hemorrhagic, and sclerotic areas.
- Most cause lytic lesions with the exception of prostate and thyroid cancer, which cause sclerotic lesions.
2Becoming rigid and unresponsive; losing the ability to adapt: sclerotic management
More example sentences
- The fact that the government would welcome such politically tendentious rubbish shows how far the sclerotic gestures of the adversary culture have taken over establishment taste.
- In contrast to the ossified and sclerotic humanities, for example, business studies now accounts for about a third of university activity and teaches about half the foreign students.
- The War Department in the 1920s was indeed sclerotic, and Mitchell was indeed a visionary.
nounBack to top
Words that rhyme with scleroticabiotic, amniotic, antibiotic, chaotic, demotic, despotic, erotic, exotic, homoerotic, hypnotic, idiotic, macrobiotic, meiotic, narcotic, neurotic, osmotic, patriotic, prebiotic, psychotic, quixotic, robotic, semiotic, symbiotic, zygotic, zymotic
Definition of sclerotic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.