nounNorth American • informal
- A person who flouts the law, especially by failing to comply with a law that is difficult to enforce effectively: scofflaws who have accumulated large debts in unpaid parking ticketsMore example sentences
- Following the Stamp Act upheavals, he tried to keep smugglers and other scofflaws from flouting Parliament's authority.
- Young people want the right to dance to grinding rhythms all night long while their parents fear it will turn them into degenerate scofflaws.
- Among those who are guilty of an offense against good taste, he is a scofflaw tormented by felons and scoundrels.
More definitions of scofflawDefinition of scofflaw in:
- The US English dictionary