Definition of scoliosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
Abnormal lateral curvature of the spine.
- She had suffered from glandular fever, migraine and scoliosis (curvature of the spine), and thought she had a brain tumour.
- All but two (with congenital scoliosis) had adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and 26 had already undergone some treatment for the condition.
- His lung exam was significant for limited chest excursion, but he did not have obvious kyphosis or scoliosis.
- Example sentences
- The Cobb angle is the angle formed by a line drawn perpendicular to the top of the superior vertebrae of the scoliotic curve and a similar perpendicular line drawn along the bottom of the inferior vertebrae.
- Spinal surgery with instrumentation corrects a significant part of the deformity and hopefully stops further progression of the scoliotic curve.
- A rib hump is a hallmark of scoliotic curves greater than 10 degrees and should prompt radiographic evaluation.
Definition of scoliosis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India