adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the scombroids.More example sentences
- Anyone who eats fish can get ciguatera or scombroid poisoning.
- Seafood ingestion syndromes such as diarrhetic shellfish poisoning, ciguatera poisoning, and scombroid poisoning also can cause diarrhea in travelers.
- In the United States, scombroid poisoning is most common in Hawaii and California.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin Scombroidea (superfamily name), from Greek skombros, denoting a tuna or mackerel.
More definitions of scombroidDefinition of scombroid in:
- The US English dictionary