- 1Very hot: the scorching July sunMore example sentences
- Almost immediately, his calf swelled up, and the skin covering it grew scorching hot.
- Around me, frustrated passengers began to speculate about the city overheating in scorching temperatures.
- Farmers on the Continent battled against an exceptionally dry summer and scorching temperatures that seriously damaged crops.
- 1.2 • informal Very fast: she set a scorching paceMore example sentences
- Fear is an alien emotion to the 18-year-old sensation, whose biggest asset is his scorching pace.
- No English daily is expanding at the scorching pace of these.
- Profit growth had slowed from 2004's scorching pace.
- More example sentences
- Ten minutes and a scorchingly confusing user interface later, we'd ordered our pizza.
- The news for today, apart from the fact that Munich is scorchingly hot, is that I apparently have a first class honours degree.
- But of course he says this, and a great deal more, far more wittily and scorchingly every time he goes into a recording studio.