Definition of scorching in English:
1Very hot: the scorching July sun
More example sentences
- Almost immediately, his calf swelled up, and the skin covering it grew scorching hot.
- Around me, frustrated passengers began to speculate about the city overheating in scorching temperatures.
- Farmers on the Continent battled against an exceptionally dry summer and scorching temperatures that seriously damaged crops.
- Example sentences
- Ten minutes and a scorchingly confusing user interface later, we'd ordered our pizza.
- The news for today, apart from the fact that Munich is scorchingly hot, is that I apparently have a first class honours degree.
- But of course he says this, and a great deal more, far more wittily and scorchingly every time he goes into a recording studio.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.