Definition of scorching in English:
1Very hot: the scorching July sun
More example sentences
- Almost immediately, his calf swelled up, and the skin covering it grew scorching hot.
- Around me, frustrated passengers began to speculate about the city overheating in scorching temperatures.
- Farmers on the Continent battled against an exceptionally dry summer and scorching temperatures that seriously damaged crops.
- Example sentences
- Ten minutes and a scorchingly confusing user interface later, we'd ordered our pizza.
- The news for today, apart from the fact that Munich is scorchingly hot, is that I apparently have a first class honours degree.
- But of course he says this, and a great deal more, far more wittily and scorchingly every time he goes into a recording studio.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan