Definition of scorekeeper in English:
An official who records the score at a sports match.
- When the game is over, thank the scorekeepers and congratulate the winners, then get off the floor.
- In the game one could hear the scorekeeper seated in the hot sun announcing, ‘18 all… 19-18… 19 all.’
- I was the scorekeeper because I hate that stupid game.
- scorekeeping noun
- Example sentences
- It is then the responsibility of the visiting team to assist with score keeping.
- The most complicated part of this game is the score-keeping.
- Players have to bring their own scrabble sets, tiles in cloth bags and also a pen or pencil for score keeping.
Definition of scorekeeper in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.