Definition of scorekeeper in English:
An official who records the score at a sports match.
- When the game is over, thank the scorekeepers and congratulate the winners, then get off the floor.
- In the game one could hear the scorekeeper seated in the hot sun announcing, ‘18 all… 19-18… 19 all.’
- I was the scorekeeper because I hate that stupid game.
- Example sentences
- It is then the responsibility of the visiting team to assist with score keeping.
- The most complicated part of this game is the score-keeping.
- Players have to bring their own scrabble sets, tiles in cloth bags and also a pen or pencil for score keeping.
Words that rhyme with scorekeeper• storekeeper
Definition of scorekeeper in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan