1A person who scores goals, points, etc. in a game: he was last season’s leading scorer with 40 tries
More example sentences
- After quickly getting among the Conference top scorers this season, goals have been hard to come by for Mullin in recent weeks.
- All hits on scorers after a goal should be considered attempts to injure and be penalized as such.
- Jon Newby, now top scorer after his seventh goal of the season, would be a prime target for ambitious clubs.
2A person who keeps a record of the score in a game.
- Kiriella was accorded a farewell by the umpires and the scorers at their headquarters recently.
- The secretary of the Bradford Mutual Sunday School League said the match was a bit of a headache for the scorers and umpires.
- Interestingly, qualified cricket umpires, match referee and scorers will be there for the carnival.
Words that rhyme with scorerabhorrer, adorer, Andorra, angora, aura, aurora, bora, Bora-Bora, borer, Camorra, Cora, corer, Dora, Eleonora, Eudora, explorer, fedora, flora, fora, ignorer, Isadora, Kia-Ora, Laura, Leonora, Maura, menorah, Nora, pakora, Pandora, pourer, roarer, senhora, señora, signora, snorer, soarer, Sonora, sora, storer, Theodora, Torah, Tuscarora, Vlorë
Definition of scorer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.