Definition of scorer in English:
1A person who scores goals, points, etc. in a game: he was last season’s leading scorer with 40 tries
More example sentences
- After quickly getting among the Conference top scorers this season, goals have been hard to come by for Mullin in recent weeks.
- All hits on scorers after a goal should be considered attempts to injure and be penalized as such.
- Jon Newby, now top scorer after his seventh goal of the season, would be a prime target for ambitious clubs.
2A person who keeps a record of the score in a game.
- Kiriella was accorded a farewell by the umpires and the scorers at their headquarters recently.
- The secretary of the Bradford Mutual Sunday School League said the match was a bit of a headache for the scorers and umpires.
- Interestingly, qualified cricket umpires, match referee and scorers will be there for the carnival.
Words that rhyme with scorerabhorrer, adorer, Andorra, angora, aura, aurora, bora, Bora-Bora, borer, Camorra, Cora, corer, Dora, Eleonora, Eudora, explorer, fedora, flora, fora, ignorer, Isadora, Kia-Ora, Laura, Leonora, Maura, menorah, Nora, pakora, Pandora, pourer, roarer, senhora, señora, signora, snorer, soarer, Sonora, sora, storer, Theodora, Torah, Tuscarora, Vlorë
Definition of scorer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan