- 1A person who scores goals, points, etc. in a game: he was last season’s leading scorer with 40 triesMore example sentences
- After quickly getting among the Conference top scorers this season, goals have been hard to come by for Mullin in recent weeks.
- All hits on scorers after a goal should be considered attempts to injure and be penalized as such.
- Jon Newby, now top scorer after his seventh goal of the season, would be a prime target for ambitious clubs.
- 2A person who keeps a record of the score in a game.More example sentences
- Kiriella was accorded a farewell by the umpires and the scorers at their headquarters recently.
- The secretary of the Bradford Mutual Sunday School League said the match was a bit of a headache for the scorers and umpires.
- Interestingly, qualified cricket umpires, match referee and scorers will be there for the carnival.
More definitions of scorerDefinition of scorer in:
- The US English dictionary