- 1A wide-beamed sailing dinghy.More example sentences
- Near the end of a trip down the Nahanni River in the Northwest Territories 30 years ago, my former wife and I encountered a lone man in a scow.
- When break-up came at the end of May, he floated out the 1500 miles to the Pacific on a scow, and worked his way home stoking coal on a steamship.
- A month later, their wooden scow was found floating right side up at the western end of the Canyon, sans the Hydes.
- 1.1A flat-bottomed boat used for transporting cargo to and from ships in harbour.More example sentences
- It is not known how many scows, barges, and other vessels were involved in transporting brownstone.
- Waterways, travelled by steamer and scow, were far more available for transport in this area of the province than in the south.
- Many small wharves were built for the scows which collected the products of the mills.
mid 17th century: from Dutch schouw 'ferry boat'.
More definitions of scowDefinition of scow in:
- The US English dictionary